Thursday, June 15, 2017

6.15.17 Bee-otch of the Day: WKLT


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.

-------


Name: WKLT
Age: 38
Occupation: shitty rock station
Last Seen: Traverse City, MI
Bee-otched For: having no original bone in their body



--
When I was a kid growing up in northern Michigan, I HATED KLT with the most severe of all passions.

It sickened me that kids in Detroit, Grand Rapids and other downstate towns had way better rock stations than me. Hell, sometimes I BEGGED my parents to take me to Detroit since I was too young for KLT and too old for 106.7 The Peak. Thankfully, The Zone came in 1998, but they spent its first two years on the air playing wuss music.

Yes, KLT was the lamest excuse for a rock station. It's owned by a family from North Dakota who only owns it for profit and the idiots who run it locally aim it towards the white trash losers who live up north. Of course, there's Terri Ray, who has been at KLT since 1984 and hosts the highly-predictable Meatless - er, I mean, Leetsville Cafe at noon, where the yokels who listen to the station can tell her to play the same shitty songs over and over.

Of course, there's too many reasons to hate KLT. Their morning show sucks and their afternoon host is a total dick who needs to be exposed. Tom Devitt has been at KLT for several years now and has worked for a few radio groups up north. As a matter of fact, he was the morning host at The Zone in the late 90s and his show was as lame as watching paint dry or waiting for the jurors of the Bill Cosby rape trial to make up their goddamned minds.

As I've mentioned a few times here and there, Devitt worked for several years at a crappy little station in Michigan's Thumb called 92.1 The Coyote. While there, he would pimp his shitty show called "Rabid Radio" on a popular message board that I used to frequent by hijacking threads with stupid messages like "how's Rabid Radio doing in the ratings?" or "I hear Rabid Radio is an awesome show", etc. His username, BTW was "radiostudtd", which was one of the worst usernames I've ever heard of. So, I outed him on this very website, back in the days when I didn't archive much. Needless to say, he sent me a nasty email talking about the fact that he had his own house, got laid once in a while, etc. Apparently, because of me, his bosses got word of his shenanigans and was almost canned. So, he wanted to get even with me and *allegedly* created several fake profiles on that message board and hijacked several of my threads. Even worse, the fellow posters got on his side, so I quit.

Since then, Dipshit has moved back to northern Michigan, namely the Petoskey area and worked at classic rocker The Bear for a while before coming to KLT where he was one of the co-hosts of their shitty Afternoon Trainwreck show. He also helps run their sister station, ESPN Up North 106.7/105.5 where he hosts a High School sports show.

But yes, Dimwit has shown time after time that he's anything but talented. Recently, Smitty. afternoon host at rival Rock 105/95-5 pointed out that Devitt's been ripping him off. Case in point? Listen now.

Needless to say, Smitty posted this on his Facebook page and Tom was nice enough to post on there that he was going to be coming to Traverse City (he does his show from Petoskey, apparently) to confront him. The message has since been deleted. But still, this battle is fun to watch.

You know, it's sad that Blarney Stone, which owns Q100 out of Grayling was supposed to own KLT and its sisters by now, and last I heard, the deal hit a snag since it's a three-way sale (106.7 should be going to Baraga Broadcasting). I'll betcha if Blarney Stone owned KLT outright by now, most of the airstaff would have been shown the door.

Personally, I wished northern Michigan had a station like Rock 105/95-5 20 years ago. KLT would be their bitch and quite frankly, they are today now that 95.5 is back to the simulcast. Now that Omelette is gone and their current morning show is even worse, IS there a reason to listen to KLT anymore? Let's not forget Sirius, Pandora and the rest.

KLT: sticking our heads in our asses since 1982.



 
---

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!
CHUCK69.COM IS ALWAYS ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment