Tuesday, October 11, 2016

10.11.16 Bee-otch of the Day: an old guy at a Steak 'n Shake


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



----------


  
Name: unknown
Age: old
Occupation: unknown
Last Seen: Cascade, MI
Bee-otched For: damn near ruining my appetite at the Steak 'n Shake


 

---

It's an American institution for over 80 years. Sadly, however, there's people who will desecrate the image of Steak 'n Shake - or any good restaurant - by doing something they should have learned how to do when they were five years old.

For those who don't know Steak 'n Shake, it's a Midwest thing. Of course, if you're a fan of David Letterman, who grew up in Steak 'n Shake country, you know that the chain gleefully built a location called the "Steak 'n Shake Signature" next to his old confines of the Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City. What makes Steak 'n Shake special is that they don't serve hamburgers, but rather a burger that's a hybrid of T-bone, sirloin and round steaks. Order their signature Steak 'n Shake dinner, and you get a double steakburger and a shake, plus two sides (i.e. chili and fries). Usually, dinner at Steak 'n Shake is less than $10 per person.

Here in Grand Rapids, there's many Steak 'n Shakes. When I first moved to Grand Rapids in 2002, I would usually go there for a late dinner at 2 a.m. in the morning or so if I had to work Saturday. Usually, the service was awesome and the atmosphere was loaded with young people and those getting out of the bar that night.

Now that I'm on first shift and there's an influx of new burger joints in my neck of the woods, I hadn't been to Steak 'n Shake in ages, so on Saturday, I went. I was planning to sit at the bar, but the waitress whisked me all the way to the back. I figured that all was well as long as I had courteous service.

In all, the service wasn't bad, but it wasn't perfect, either. I didn't get my shake until maybe five minutes AFTER my meal arrived. But even worse, I was seated behind an old man who did something that was, well, kinda rude.

His pants were down so low that half of his ass was exposed.

BTW, this old geezer looked like he was in his 60s/70s with a bald head with gray hair on his sides with glasses.

I was so embarrassed that I told my waitress about it and she thought it was funny, too. I was thankful that I was eating by myself so I could switch seats in my booth. Periodically, I would turn around to see if the old man pulled up his pants yet and he did not. Hell, I was thinking about snapping a photo of this disaster of a human being's buttcrack and exposing him on Facebook. I would have put a caption that read "if I can't unsee this, you can't either!" Of course, Dani Mathers did the same thing in a women's locker room and it got her kicked out of the gym she attended. But let's face it: Steak 'n Shake isn't a women's locker room.

Oh, and the man wasn't even wearing a belt, either. And you thought that only black people had this problem.

So, the next time you attend a restaurant, people, please, please, please.... PULL YOUR PANTS UP! Nobody wants to see your crack. I'm not paying $10 to see your old, stanky buttcrack.

Now, if you're a young lady, please ignore my advice. ;) 

---

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment