Wednesday, September 16, 2015

9.16.15 Bee-otch of the Day: WKLT


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!

----------


Name: WKLT
Age: 36
Occupation: shitty rock station
Last Seen: Traverse City
Bee-otched For: still airing Omelette's shitty morning show



---
It's no secret that I really, really hate WKLT.

When I was a kid growing up in northern Michigan, while my cousins downstate were listening to stations that carried Howard Stern in the morning and kick ass rock music all day, KLT was the de facto rock station up north, playing every known butt rock band to entertain the toothless hicks in good 'ol Manceltucky. Thanks to KLT and the weak-ass stations up north, I think I wore out the seek button on my car's stereo.

I started Chuck69.com in 1999 to tell the stations up north to please, please, please start carrying The Howard Stern Show. Their response? "We'll lose advertisers". In KLT's case, they lost listeners when in 1998, they finally got serious competition when classic rocker The Bear and alternative The Zone signed on. True, The Zone sucked until 2000, but I'd rather listen to Barenaked Ladies over Foreigner any fucking day.

It used to be that KLT would go through morning shows like underwear despite good ratings. Tim Murphy and the late Jim Ellis come to mind. They should have carried Stern when Bob and Tom were whipping their asses in the ratings. But instead, they chose a Stern clone.

Steve Normandin came to KLT in the early 2000s as Omelette. He's originally from Connecticut, aka Stern country. I'll betcha that he listened to Stern a lot as a kid and thought that one day, he could be the next King of All Media. Now, we don't know how KLT is doing in the ratings thanks to owner Northern Broadcast no longer being a Nielsen subscriber and the fact that no ratings book have been released since 2012. But, people claim that yes, they're doing quite well in the ratings.

One HUGE reason why I hate Omelette is simply because he is a Grade F Stern clone. He even has his own Wack Pack, aka "The Misfits", rudely named after the Island of Misfit Toys from the old Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Christmas special. His Misfits are made up of homeless people and those with disabilities. As a matter of fact, I found this article this week about how he bullies the homeless in TC.

But that's not all. I found another article about how he and his ex-partner, Finster, now at 104.5 Bob FM screwed over an owner of a recording studio in TC because he hired a morning show rival to be the lead singer of his band.

Let's not forget when I gave Scrambled Eggs the Bee-otch of the Day because he had his own "Intern Show" and one of his cronies named "David the Fluffer" lovingly bashed me and even asked me to come up north to be on their show. Of course, it never happened because I surely wasn't going to argue with a bunch of morons who are a few steps below Howard's Wack Pack on a podcast that only had 20 listeners.

When I hear about the asshole known as Omelette on WKLT, I cringe. It makes me want to tune in to the other rock stations in the area, but they all suck. Bob and Tom are dated and Cartman is yet another arrogant asshole who still owes me over the "pissing on KHQ" pic that he claimed that I made apparently. Thankfully, there's Q100 and their new morning show "JJ's Morning Jams" (which I'll give a try sooner or later) and oh, yes, Howard now being on Sirius, too.

In the end, why listen to a clone when you can have the real thing?

 
---
Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment