Wednesday, May 6, 2015

5.6.15 Bee-otch of the Day: non-voters


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!

----------


 

Name: various
Age: various
Occupation: various
Last Seen: Michigan
Bee-otched For: not voting

---
So if you came here thinking that I was going to blast Proposal One for passing/not passing. Well, here's the ordeal: I write my BOTDs usually around 7 p.m. at night and I get the thing posted at 5 a.m. the next day. I personally don't know if Prop 1 will pass or not.

Currently, the exit polls claim that it's not gonna pass, period. Sometimes, when people see that the majority of the people are going to vote 'no' anyway, they say 'fuck it' and avoid having to drive to the polling station, stand through a line and finally getting to vote. Well, that wasn't the case yesterday.

When I arrived at my polling station at around 2:30 yesterday, I had the place to myself. Literally. The people running the polling center told me that I was only the 104th voter in yesterday's election. That's right! I live in a town of nearly 50,000 people and I was #104.

True, the polls closed at 8 p.m., which translates into more people, but if 400 people came to vote, IMHO, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Folks, I vote because I want good things to happen. If you want something, you must do it yourself. I didn't vote in the 2000 elections, and we ended up with the worst president of all time. I think if people - especially those my age - voted, we could have more progress in our society instead of a government that's similar to The Jerry Springer Show. I'm still pissed over the outcome of the last election. But if people didn't vote yesterday, Prop 1 will raise our taxes and put more money into the pockets of the Devos family. We need to find better ways to fix our roads, such as taxing the wealthy.

Remember, a vote for Prop 1 is a vote for that guy above.

-

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment