Thursday, October 24, 2013

A public letter to a teen that *almost* got the Bee-otch of the Day


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.



DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!

----------------




Yesterday, I did not publish a Bee-otch of the Day. The reason why was because I bashed a man who sent me a poorly-written cease-and-desist order to remove several blogs of mine that bashed his brother for killing an innocent teenage girl in 2011. Well, come to find out, the person I was bashing.... is just a teenager.

The story goes like this: last Wednesday, I didn't publish a BOTD because I was too busy getting acquainted with my new cell phone. When I went to bed that night, I checked my phone for e-mails and got one from somebody with bad grammar telling me that if I didn't remove these blogs until 7:00 (he didn't specify AM or PM), he would press charges. Not to mention, his dad was a cop. So, I adhered to his wishes and did so.

Needless to say, I was pissed, and decided to crown him Bee-otch of the Day for Wednesday. I could have done it sooner, but with Lou Scheimer dying and Jim Leyland retiring, I crowned them Heroes for Monday and Tuesday respectively. I went ahead and gave the punk BOTD for Wednesday, and after the fact, I did some fact-checking. Come to find out, the picture of him that came with the hate-filled e-mail was that of him back in 2008. He looked like he was only seven years old.

Therefore, instead of reaming him a new one, I've decided to write an open letter to this person.

---

Walker,

Last week, you wrote me a letter telling me to remove a post I made about your brother, who is now serving a 40-year jail sentence for killing a teenage girl. I actually had two, so I removed both.

Your brother's trial was all over the news here in Michigan. It was a sad story not just for the girl's family, but for your family as well. I would never make assumptions about certain individuals because yes, that's slander, and it's illegal. All I did was talk about what the local media up north - The Record-Eagle, 7&4, 9&10, etc. - were talking about. My feeling is that if you wanted to go after me, you'd have to go after them, too.

Point is, I looked at your picture on the side of the Gmail that I got, and judging by the fact that it was taken in 2008, you should be a young teenager by now. I know what it's like to be a teenager, I was one once. I had a tough teenage life, too: my parents divorced when I was 12 and I didn't always agree with them all throughout my teenage years. But guess what? I survived. Your biggest challenge, I think is realizing that your big brother is in jail until the age when most people are thinking about retirement. He made a giant mistake that I think he'll be regretting for the rest of his life. The bad news is that his life is wasted. The good news? Yours isn't.

I hope what your brother did to young Carly teaches you a lesson. Don't be like him. Do good in school. Have goals in life. Try to be a model to others. Realize that you're not perfect. I'm not perfect. Your dad's not perfect. NOBODY IS. We all have our faults in life, and when we make one, fix it the best you can. If you can't, find a friend who can.

I will admit, yesterday morning, I prayed for you and your family. I hope God's arms are helping your family and will continue to do so throughout the years. Robert couldn't fix the past, but I hope he can find the positive in the future.

God bless,
-C.


---
Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment