Monday, April 9, 2012

4.9.12 Bee-otch of the Day: SUV owners


Bee-otch of the Day honors are awarded Monday through Thursday, Bee-otch of the Week is awarded Friday on Chuck69.com.


DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!
 
-------------------
  
Name: various
Age: various
Occupation: various
Last Seen: everywhere
Bee-otched For: still driving those big, honkin' SUVs

---

It doesn't take a brain scientist to know that gas ain't cheap.

It seems that people have their reasons as to why our gas prices are high. Some blame our wars, others blame President Obama, some blame OPEC, some blame the fact that cars are now being sold in China and so on.

But, doesn't it strike you that the answer to one of our biggest gas problems just might be sitting in your garage? Yep, it's the SUV.

I cringe at anybody crying that they're broke all the time and yet they drive 50 or so miles to get to their destination driving a big-assed sport utility vehicle. I remembered when Obama had his "Cash For Clunkers" program, there were many folks out there who decided to keep their monstrous behemoths that chugs gas more than a co-ed chugs beer at a frat party probably to make his energy policies fail. I have a co-worker who pissed and moaned to me last week that she hasn't been able to fill up her tank at all this year, and yet, she won't drive a car. Why?

I know! SUV drivers are pompous assholes. True story: last Saturday, I was pulling out of a gas station on 28th St. here in Grand Rapids. I was making a right (making a left onto that hellhole of a street without a traffic signal is as stupid as it gets), when I was thisclose to hitting an SUV that decided to sneak to the right of me, blocking my right of way. WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE. I knew it was a woman, since her name was on the license plate (and if I remembered what her name was, I would have given that stupid cunt Bee-otch of the Day honors).

Look, what difference does it make between driving a ginormous SUV versus driving a dependable car? I know, the extra height is nice, but since it's top heavy, you have to be delicate with your driving, such as driving it so slow that you piss off other motorists.

Maybe if more people switched from SUVs to regular cars, the gas situation would get better. Heck, maybe the media would even stop pissing and moaning about gas being too high, even though locally here in Grand Rapids, gas prices are only two cents higher than what it was a year ago (although tragically, prices nationally are 17 cents higher). I think if more Americans did their part in conserving fuel, we all win.

Step One: grabbing the sledgehammer to bash in that bitch's SUV that cut me off...  

--
Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome! 
Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com!
Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com , Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment