Monday, May 2, 2011

5.2.11 Bee-otch of the Day: Osama bin Laden





DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!
 
-------------------
Name: Osama bin Laden
Age: dead
Occupation: mastermind of 9/11
Last Seen: Pakistan
Bee-otched For: finally dying

---

I love you, President Obama.

On Sunday, I observed the 10th anniversary of the death of my Grandfather. I always felt that since he died, the whole world collapsed and we developed a new set of morals for the worse.

Case in point: September 11, 2001.

The day when 3,000 innocent souls died over our freedoms without a doubt changed the course of how our country was run and how we thought. I remembered the moment I heard about the World Trade Towers collapsing; I woke up just before 11 a.m., and turned on 1210 AM out of Traverse City to listen to Dave Barber. He was talking to a man on the phone who was talking about people being stranded on a plane, with Barber then saying "we'll be right back with more information about the worst day in American history". I thought that he was being sarcastic, but the top-of-the-hour CNN news bulletin proved otherwise.

I was fearing that with 9/11's anniversary coming up that we would force to observe knowing that Osama bin Laden was still out there, plotting another mass killing or disaster.

But now, there's reason to celebrate.

Last weekend, I went to Detroit to celebrate my Grandmother's birthday. Sadly, the day after her birthday is also the day Grandpa died. As a gift to all of us, my aunt gave us all a simple printed sheet with a random picture and a quote he made years ago. I chose the one with a hill with some pine trees and a shadowy image of a man with a huge stick in the background in front of a dark morning sky, slightly resembling a golfer (and Grandpa loved to golf). I came home, and I've been trying to catch up with the stuff I've DVR'd all weekend long.

Suddenly, I went onto Facebook - the first time I've been able to do so since morning - and guess what? Osama's dead.

I turned on NBC, and there it was: David Gregory talking about that we had killed the bastard and that we have his body. Just after 11:30 p.m. Eastern time, President Obama made it official: he's dead.
The president and his staff finally gathered enough evidence about his whereabouts and ordered troops into Pakistan where they conducted a firefight with bin Laden in a compound. He was shot to death and now, the U.S. has his remains.

Even though Osama bin Laden is dead, tragically, it won't end our worries regarding terrorism. There's still a lot of enemies in this world and wars to be fought to keep us free. To the people who had a loved one involved in the 9/11 disasters and those who went to Ground Zero to find any remains only to contract severe lung problems, this is a victory.

But now, there's one person whose ignorance regarding 9/11 is making him the bad guy right now. He tomorrow's Bee-otch of the Day, and I think you know who he is.

In the end, 9/11 might be 10 years ago this year, for many of us, it's just like yesterday that it happened. Maybe it's appropriate to end today's Bee-otch of the Day blog with that quote my grandfather - who would have been 85 today - once said,

"Nothing ever changes, really. We just grow older and wiser and learn to love and appreciate each other more."

Thanks, Grandpa. Maybe Osama's death is your gift to us.

---


Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!
Bee-otch of the Day Archives can be seen on http://beeotchoftheday.blogspot.com !
Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment