Thursday, November 11, 2010

11.11.10 Bee-otch of the Day: Meijer




DON'T FORGET TO "LIKE" BEE-OTCH OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK!
 
-------------------
 
Name: Meijer
Age: 76
Occupation: retailer giant
Last Seen: Grand Rapids, MI
Bee-otched For: apparently kissing Glenn Beck's ass
  

----

As us Grand Rapidians know by now, WOOD 1300 has fired radio legends Scott Winters and Michelle McKormick in favor of another former zookeeper, the syndied Glenn Beck.

Clear Channel station management has told the media that Mouth 2 Mouth's cancelation was because of Beck's rising popularity, plus the fact that they wanted to give him a better signal (WOOD broadcasts at 25,000 watts, 25 times more power than that of their low-rent sis, WTKG 1230 which is still airing the show as I'm typing this).

But we here at Chuck69.com can be quite the conspiracy theorists. You see, guess who is one of WOOD's biggest sponsors? Yep, none other than Meijer. I'll admit, my love for the hypermart has wained over the years. I don't like the that they screwed over the community of Acme (near Traverse City) regarding building a store there, I don't like the fact that they've bowed to the decency groups regarding putting blinders over Cosmo at the checkout and now, I don't like the fact that their book department's one big, fat, right-winged joke.

On Saturday, my mouse died, and since Meijer was the only store open, it was there I went. I walked by the book dept. and I swear to god, I seemed that every other book there was Glenn Beck's latest pile of steaming shit, Broke .

I looked everywhere throughout the book section for Gary Dell'Abate's book, Mah Liff Wurkin' Fo' Boff - er, They Call Me Baba Booey to no avail. Then again, I've never seen Artie Lange's Too Fat to Fish there, either. They did sell DVD copies of his Beer League ... For $5.

Yeah, I know. Books from Michael Savage and Bill O'Reilly are also on the New York Times bestseller list. That's life. But something tells me that Meijer is as anti-Stern as it gets. Hey! Maybe they played a role in getting Stern off the air in Grand Rapids, or at least demoted to the AM band.

Maybe, just maybe Scott and Michelle were a wee bit too liberal for the ultra-conservative WOOD, so they had to go so the drunk zookeeper could reach more masses of morons in the Grand Rapids area. Even though WTKG's stick is just a stone's throw from downtown GR off of 131 next to the Ramada Inn, 1,000 watts just wasn't enough for him. 

Honestly, I look at Meijer and frown. Hell, it's even sadder that Fred Meijer's now the richest man of all of Michigan! In just a few short years, he's made billions and within a few years, he'll be as rich as the Waltons. Yeah, he does give back a lot to charity and other causes, I think it's sad that they use their power to pimp such idiotic hatred like Broke , which I'll betcha is about how Obama screwed the economy.
Thanks, but Aldi's cheaper. 

---

Got a Bee-otch to nominate? E-mail us @ chuck69dotcom@gmail.com. All suggestions (except for me) are welcome!

Bee-otch of the Day is a production of Chuck69.com, Grand Rapids' site for Stern, politics and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment